b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] M$QH at Genesis 13: 10: Where Did Lot Go?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] M$QH at Genesis 13: 10: Where Did Lot Go?
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 08:13:49 -0700

Jim:
I usually trash your messages unread because, to put it gently, you're full
of hot air. You do not believe the Bible, as your comments below indicate.

First of all, the history of Exodus indicates that it happened in mid to
late bronze age, so if Abraham lived centuries before, that would put him in
early to early mid bronze age. Therefore, you don't trust the Biblical
narratives as giving an accurate history.

We read in Genesis 14 that Abram had 318 fighting men among his slaves,
therefore the total number of Abram's slaves including women and children
were about 1000, maybe more. It would take vast flocks to support that
number. Yet Abram was able to pasture his flocks throughout most of the land
except around a few towns that existed at that time. Though the Canaanites
lived in the land at that time, they were few in number that allowed such
vast flocks to be pastured throughout the land.

My understanding is that you are on this list to push an agenda. What that
agenda is, I don't know. Therefore I almost never read you messages, and
even this one I read only bits and parts, not the whole. I probably won't
read a response to this.

Karl W. Randolph.