b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] re Num 32:42

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] re Num 32:42
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:41:04 -0700 (PDT)

Also missing in my old Leteris edition, where he notes:
"He rafah" -'a soft He' as an irregularity.

The "Lah" persumably refers to KENAT in the F., and should indeed have had
a mapiq.

Simply a scribal error. Notice however "Ethen" in the previous verse. The
MT was based here on a difficult earlier text/s.

Uri Hurwitz

Yigal Levin wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Does anyone have any idea why there is no mappiq in the last letter of the
> word LH, third word from last in Num. 32:42? The mappiq is missing in both
> BHS and in the Aleppo-based Breuer prints.
>

> Yigal Levin

  • [b-hebrew] re Num 32:42, Uri Hurwitz, 07/28/2008