b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Gemara Sotah on the names of the spies

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Gemara Sotah on the names of the spies
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 22:33:55 -0400

Sorry I forgot to sign my post, I haven't posted in a long time.

The post was about the names - there had been a previous post ruminating on what the significance of their names was. So I posted what the Gemara had to say. - that the names of the
Meraglim (which the Torah lists) hint to the evil intentions they had before they departed.

Shoshanna Walker

Shoshanna,

Besides the fact that you didn't sign your post, I fail to see the relevance
of this passage to the discussion at hand. No-one was asking whether the
spies had good intentions or bad ones.

Yigal Levin