b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Job 42:6

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "John B. Senterfitt" <mille-man AT cox.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Job 42:6
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:02:30 -0500

To One and all

I know this is not a (Greek) forum and I am not treating it as one nor am I
being disrespectful.

However in following this thread, I am frequently brought back to my latest
acquisition of the Septuagint.

Sorry I cannot copy and paste from it since it is in printed interlinear
format.

Job 42:6 Therefore I treated myself as worthless, and I was melted away; and
I esteem myself earth and ashes.

The following is a clip from Parallel BHS and LXX in which you can see which
words are equivalent as usage goes.

Job 42:63

ytmxnÆw

h[ghmai de. evmauto.n

~xn vnq1cs w> Pc

h`ge,omai vixm1s de, cc evmautou/ rxams

yTim.x;nIw>

Again I stress, I have no desire to be the cause of conflict in the room but
perhaps now that I have sent this mailing I can find relaxation about it all.

John B. Senterfitt

John B. Senterfitt

1st Kings 19:1-12

Oh' but to hear the

"still small voice".

  • [b-hebrew] Job 42:6, John B. Senterfitt, 04/12/2008