b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Amarna letters

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Amarna letters
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:10:14 +0000

Jim Stinehart,

Do you believe that in ancient history there was only one person named
Abimelech or was that a common name? Was it rare for people to fight over
wells? Was the case in the Amarna letters the only time in history that
anyone fought over water? Was only one person ever killed in Shechem? Was
only one person ever involved in a dispute over an idol that someone else
took?

All of these things sound like common things that would have happened in
those days and not unusual at all.

I am curious if Ralph Ellis would agree with you about the Amarna letters and
the patriarchal narratives being about the same events. I think he agrees
with most of what you say about Abraham being a pharoah, etc.

Why don't you contact him at his internet site and ask him? If he thinks you
are wrong, then I don't think anybody will agree with you since he already
agrees with many of your ideas and he seems pretty open-minded about
alternative ways of looking at history.

Kenneth Greifer

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your
"fix".