b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Review of Reader's Hebrew Bible

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "b-hebrew-lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Review of Reader's Hebrew Bible
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 08:17:47 -0600

Hi, James,
On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 06:13:03PM -0500, James Spinti wrote:
I interrupt this onomasticon discussion to point you to a review that I
posted on my blog of Zondervan's forthcoming Reader's Hebrew Bible:
http://anebooks.blogspot.com/2008/01/readers-hebrew-bible-review.html

http://tinyurl.com/265hnu

Enjoy,
James

Thanks for the review. One thing I appreciated about Zondervan's
Reader's Greek is that it more resembled a typical English bible. As a
student I wanted to read from the original languages in church services, but I
found that the obnoxiously-colored UBS and NA27 drew too much attention.
Does the Reader's Hebrew 'blend in' with other Bibles in the same way?

Yes, thanks, for the review.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard