b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Cantillation Mark Database

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Scott Reiss <sagreiss AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Cantillation Mark Database
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:29:51 -0800 (PST)

Friends,

I conceived and designed the application, and have
acted as project manager, writing the documentation
at:

http://www.sagreiss.org/Cantillzer.zip

I have help from a good musician/programmer.

What we need now is a chief technological officer to
make strategic decisions (XML or SQL) and implement
the system.

We have a pretty good method of extracting
cantillation data from the linguistic data (letters
and vowels) of the Bible.

I need someone to take programming responsibility,
working with the other programmers and myself.

I don't think it's a big project, but it's certainly
not commercially viable. It requires a passionate
interest in cantillation marks, music and/or
linguistic signs.

Please advise if interested.

I think the documentation is fairly clear, but I am
ready to answer all questions.

Best Regards.

Gabriel