b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Amarna letters once again-sorry about this

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Amarna letters once again-sorry about this
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:17:23 +0000

Jim,

I know that you don't want to discuss the Amarna letters, but I never heard
about it until you mentioned it, and now that you are saying that all of the
stories in the patriarchal narratives are actually about other people,
Egyptian kings, etc., I feel that I should get to ask a few questions before
you go on. You are making very big claims that I want to understand better.

It sounds like you are saying that the patriarchal narratives are a falsified
version of Egyptian history that you think is truly explained in the Amarna
letters. I read some of the letters and the patriarchal stories, and it is
obvious that you don't mind saying the writer of the patriarchal narratives
is a liar telling a bunch of lies with only a few vaguely similar themes in
the stories. You have the right to believe that, but I don't feel convinced
that the similarities are enough to make up for all of the differences that
have to be explained as lies by the author of the patriarchal narratives.

Why don't you ever say the patriarchal narratives are full of lies? You keep
saying how great they are, but then you seem to show that they are also
false. Am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Kenneth Greifer

  • [b-hebrew] Amarna letters once again-sorry about this, kenneth greifer, 12/26/2007