b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] The name Judah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] The name Judah
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 03:09:51 +0000

Jim,

You never answered me about my idea for the name Judah from Wednesday
December 19.

I thought the name could be from the name of G-d spelled yud-hay combined
with the hophal of the verb praise (hay vav dalet hay), so it would be "G-d
was praised", since Judah's mother praised G-d when he was born.

You thought it was the 4 letter name of G-d combined with praise, and that it
is a pun.

Kenneth Greifer

  • [b-hebrew] The name Judah, kenneth greifer, 12/22/2007