b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The Name "Judah"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <JimStinehart AT aol.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The Name "Judah"
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:07:38 -0800

Dear Jim,

The main reasons for the lack of scholars for not recognizing the puns in much
of the Tanakh especially the Torah of Moses is the adherence to the
discredited
JEDP theory of Graf-Wellhausen, anti-Semitism and theology [especially with
revised Gnosticism and its use of allegorical interpretation,
anti-intellectualism, anti-Semitism, antinomianism/asceticism (depends on the
branch of Gnosticism) or amoralism; sounds like post-modernism (?)]. Let's
face
it, most of the time the assumptions of scholars is not even questioned
especially the assumption that if it the Biblical text is speaking of theology
then it is NOT historical, scientific, etc.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III