b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Ecclesiastes 7:7 -wilder guess

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Ecclesiastes 7:7 -wilder guess
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 06:58:48 +0000

Maybe Ecclesiastes 7:7 could say "because the gain of extortion will make
foolish a wise man, and he will perish (will be destroyed), with (alef tav) a
heart of a dying man (mem tav) is a lament (nun hay)."

I know that the word spelled (mem tav) is usually "corpse", but could it be
the present tense of the verb "to die" and mean "a dying person"? Also, could
a feeling be "with" someone's heart?

I won't send more guesses about this quote. I just could not see how the
quote could make sense as it is.

Kenneth Greifer

  • [b-hebrew] Ecclesiastes 7:7 -wilder guess, kenneth greifer, 12/16/2007