b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Joseph's dream

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Joseph's dream
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 02:38:02 +0000

I hope I am not bothering people by sending so many emails today, but I got a
little frustrated by Jim's idea that Joseph was around 8 or 9 instead of 17
in Genesis 37, and some other of his ideas, so I thought I'd give it a try
and see if I could change his mind.

One more little try. When Jacob heard that Joseph had a dream where the sun,
moon, and 11 stars bowed to Joseph, he asked Joseph if he and Joseph's mother
and his brothers would bow to Joseph. Maybe he was being sarcastic because he
knew that Joseph's mother was dead already. This quote does not have to mean
that she was alive at the time Joseph had his dream.

Kenneth Greifer

  • [b-hebrew] Joseph's Dream, JimStinehart, 12/13/2007
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • [b-hebrew] Joseph's dream, kenneth greifer, 12/13/2007