b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Genesis 49:6 curse of Simon and Levi

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Genesis 49:6 curse of Simon and Levi
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 01:27:39 +0000

Jim,

I don't think the curse of Simon and Levi is so bad. I think Jacob cursed
their anger, and not really them.

You said Joseph was eight and a half years old (half of 17 years), but the
curse said they killed or as you say tried to kill a "man". Did they use to
call young boys that old men or boys or youths?

If he was 17 and called a man, at least that would fit your idea better.

Kenneth Greifer

  • [b-hebrew] Genesis 49:6 curse of Simon and Levi, kenneth greifer, 12/12/2007