b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 31: 47: What Foreign Language Is That? (FROM MODERATORS)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "George Athas" <george.athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 31: 47: What Foreign Language Is That? (FROM MODERATORS)
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:47:18 +1100

Dear members,

I do not want this to get out of hand in a way that turns our forum
into an episode of SURVIVOR. We're not going to vote anyone off the
island.

Also, please be more courteous in the way you phrase things. There is
sometimes a fine line between critique and personal attack, and so it
is best to stay well away from that line. We can agree to disagree -
we are all adults.

It would be a shame to lose any member, especially those who hold
posts relevant to Hebrew at tertiary institutions (you are very highly
valued on this forum). So, please let's create an environment where we
can exchange ideas cordially and in a scholarly manner.

Best Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
Fellow Chairman, B-Hebrew
Moore Theological College (Sydney)