b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] 6-Month "Year" or a na'ar by any other name would smell like feet?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Russ Bellon" <russbellon AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] 6-Month "Year" or a na'ar by any other name would smell like feet?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:03:36 -0600

Pharoah's Cup bearer would have spoken in Eqyptian. Whatever Egyptian word
was used would have had its own subtle connotative distinctions. We can
assume that some shade of meaning overlapped with the Hebrew word used to
record the conversation but beyond that arguing the distinctions unique to
na'ar is not going to prove your theory.