b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] lifespans in the Bible

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Calvin Lindstrom <pclindstrom AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] lifespans in the Bible
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:52:37 -0500

Shoshanna wrote:
No, 120 years is what G-d said He would reduce lifespans to. So it
is the norm, not border between superlong and normal. I would say
that it is due to bad conditions, inner and outer, that we don't
"normally" live that long today. But today is only temporary until
the rectification of the World which G-d promised to us.

Isn't another interpretation of the 120 years the length of time before YHWH sent the flood?

Calvin Lindstrom
Church of Christian Liberty
Arlington Heights, IL
www.christianliberty.com