b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Song of songs 6:9 wild guess

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "kenneth greifer" <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Song of songs 6:9 wild guess
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 01:58:00 +0000

Song of Songs 6:9 is usually translated as saying that she (Shulamit) is the choice or chosen one of her mother. I was wondering if instead it could say "for a maid is pure, she is for her childbearer." Maybe this could be like Sarah's maid, Hagar, who had a child for her. Also, Jacob's two wives let their maids have kids with him.

I don't really get the usual translation's meaning about her being her mother's chosen one.

Sincerely,

Kenneth Greifer

More photos; more messages; more storage—get 5GB with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_2G_0507