b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14 - HHLMN

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Definite Article 7:14 - HHLMN
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:25:41 -0500

Sorry about the double mailing.

Dear Joseph,
JW:
Dr. Holmyard, did you contribute to The Translation? It's okay, I know what it's like to be in The minority.

I contributed to the translation of the HCSB, but I did not contribute
to the Book of Isaiah. However, I did my dissertation on Isaiah, and I
can live with the HCSB translation, as I have already explained. Joe, I
can even live with your interpretation. It is not that important to me
whether it was an unknown young woman somewhere in Israel or a specific
young woman in Ahaz's court that everyone knew.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard