b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Oral Law / Written Law

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "A Becker" <ABecker AT nerdshack.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Oral Law / Written Law
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:39:54 -0700

Just thought I wanted to add my two cents about this from the Mishnah.

"[The rules about] release from vows hover in the air and have naught to
support them; the rules about the Sabbath, Festal-offerings, and Sacrilege
are as mountains hanging by a hair, for [teaching of] scripture [thereon] is
scanty and the rules many; the [rules about] cases [concerning property] and
the [Temple-] service, and the rules about what is clean and unclean and the
forbidden degrees, they have that which supports then, and it is they that
are the essentials of the Law." (Hagigah 1.8)

Any responses can be sent to me directly.

Anthony

  • [b-hebrew] Oral Law / Written Law, A Becker, 04/11/2007