b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Uncancelable meaning

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davidfentonism AT aim.com
  • To: peter AT qaya.org
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Uncancelable meaning
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 21:52:46 -0400

You are right, scholarly and true (emunah in Hebrew thought) as opposed to
true (consistent with fact in Greek thought) are not the same. I defer to you
on this, Peter. Do I think it is also true in both thought systems, yes. But,
I acknowledge that not everyone will see it this way even though many
biblical scholars do. Secular biblical scholars will not and do not. Anything
kabbalistic is cause for dismissal in their minds. i used to see it that way,
too, once upon a time. :-)

Best regards,
David Fenton
Gal. 27-29: For as many as have had a tevilah into Moshiach have clothed
yourselves with Moshiach. There is not Yehudi nor Yevani (Greek), there is
not eved (servant) nor ben chorin (freedman), there is not zachar (male) nor
nekevah (female), for you are all echad in Moshiach Yehoshua/Yeshua. And, if
you belong to Moshiach (YESHAYAH 53:10), then you are of the ZERAH of Avraham
Avinu, you are yoreshim (heirs) according to the havtachah (promise).