b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A third in the kingdom or a third of the kingdom?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "A Becker" <ABecker AT nerdshack.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A third in the kingdom or a third of the kingdom?
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 11:21:43 -0700

Dear A Becker,

Please sign your full name.

Regarding Daniel 5, it is apparent that Nabonidus is the first ruler and
that Belshazzar is the second ruler (co-regent). Thus, for Belshazzar, to
make the interpreter of the literal "handwriting on the wall" to be "third
ruler in the kingdom" (vs. 7) or to be a "ruler of third of the kingdom" is
also no problem since both end up in the same place. It did take place for
Daniel, but the that same night, Cyrus defeated the Babylonians.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III