b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hidden Agendas in Rolf's Thesis, Methods and Data

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rolf Furuli" <furuli AT online.no>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hidden Agendas in Rolf's Thesis, Methods and Data
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:59:10 -0000

Dear list-members,

The post I am responding to is the sort of post I thought I would never see
on b-hebrew; it is a personal attack! I ask the moderators to give advice to
the list regarding such posts.

Yitzhak writes: "This post is not really so much about Rolf
himself, but a direct criticism of his thesis." First, he has not read my
thesis, so how can he criticize it? Second, he accuses me of lieing,
claiming that I believe I have the right to lie under particular
circumstances; he claims there is an agenda behind my dissertation, and
worst
of all, he accuses me of scholarly dishonesty, by having manipulated my
data - all this without having read the thesis.
I categorically deny all this.

Yitzhak´s basic error is that he comments on things where he has no
firsthand knowledge, and that he believes gossip and slander found on the
Internet, even initiating some himself.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>