b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Addition of /h/ sound

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: david pares <andivar5 AT yahoo.es>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Addition of /h/ sound
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 23:18:57 +0100

Hello,
I'm doing research on the sound of the letter H in several languages, and
I'd like to know if you can shed light on the mystical power that ancient
Hebrews ascribed to the letter Het, especially when said aloud.
Since the /h/ is produced purely with the aspirated breath, and breath was
often equated with "spirit," I'm wondering if this would have had something
to do with Abram's name being changed to Abraham, and Sarai's name
being changed to Sarah.
Thank you.
Anita

Hello,
If you are really interested in the mistical meaning of the hebrew letters you must read "Hebraic tongue restored" you can find it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Hebraic-Tongue-Restored-Part-1/dp/0766126064

If you understand, or are able to read in French I've got an e-book copy. I can send it to you
(free of course).

Meanwhile I'm trying to translate for you what it says for the letter H:

"H, Universal LIFE symbol, the man breath, the wind, the soul, all that gives life up, as a grammatical symbol it is the life and the abstract idea of the being."

I believe it has to do something the abram's and sarai's name spelled with or without H, but I don't know the meaning.

If you'd like to discuss more on the subject just let me know.

David Parés
Barcelona

  • [b-hebrew] Addition of /h/ sound, david pares, 01/17/2007