b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Upgrade to the Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex of 1 Dec 2006

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Upgrade to the Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex of 1 Dec 2006
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:18:57 +0000

On 04/12/2006 02:19, K Randolph wrote:
Peter:

Firefox was on the Linux box. As far as I know, since that is my son's
computer, that is the latest version.

Well, Karl, you know your son, and so you may know that he is the kind of person who always installs the latest version of everything, at least if it is free. But if he isn't, you do need to check. Some software automatically updates itself, but Firefox doesn't. And new minor versions come out every few months. A new major version, 2.0, came out not long ago. Check that you have got that. My version on Windows is 2.0 and is the latest, and this version is also available for Linux and Mac, see http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html.

Camino is a Macintosh version of Firefox, and I don't know if I have
the latest version. I should check. The only place that I consistently
have problems is Kimbal's site.

Camino is currently in version 1.0.3 which I suspect corresponds with Firefox 1.0.3, and so does not have the latest bug fixes. If you are having trouble with Hebrew in Camino, you might like to try genuine Firefox instead, or temporarily in addition.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org