b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Is Torah a theological text today?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ethel Jean (Kowan) Saltz" <macnietspingal AT airmail.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Is Torah a theological text today?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 05:06:12 -0500

copy/paste
Message: 19
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 23:34:44 -0500
From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
Subject: [b-hebrew] Is Torah a theological text today?
To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>

YOU don't think it is?? Who are YOU?
===================
I'm 77 YO and since you asked me publicly, I'll finally answer and if I'm wrong then I'll stand corrected.

Bill Simms, financial manager, and I (computer professional) in 1971 created and implemented the very first billing and revenue software for International Communications Satellite. A project they said couldn't be done. Especially the tv part. Well, we started with tv and the rest was easy, video/voice/data. It was done on punched cards and a tape-driven IBM mainframe and it lasted 17 years.

I not only can read (with dictionary) the Torah in English/Hebrew/Spanish but also in all the forms of the real lingua frenca which consists of only two characters: plus/minus a range of volts. Everything we are communicating at the instant is actually in the form of this electronic language. In my daze it was 5 volts, today I think it's 3 volts. The languages are called COBOL, FORTRAN, JAVA:)

My problem with the whole electronic language is do we have a U.N. definition of the precise voltage? It sure would help the energy and cost of communications for the U.N. to do this. They can do it in the name of Jesus or Muhammad or RaMBaM. I don't care, but just do it:)

first comes emet, then comes shalom, then and only then can there be love. Ethel