b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Common Sense

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Common Sense
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:20:14 -0400

I don't know why you had to remind of of this, as this was not the issue in this discussion, which I have yet to respond to.

On the other hand, for the purposes of this list, whether one accepts Divine authority of the Torah, or one does not, it definitely affects their postings, so it is not something that we can entirely ignore - this list is, after all, about the Torah, which Jews accept as Divine authority, unless they don't want to accept G-d as their authority.

Bottom line - is the Torah Divine, or not? On this list, some of us believe it is, some of us don't.

Shoshanna

Might I remind members not to engage in debate over what does or does not
represent divine authority. This is beyond the scope of our forum. I'm sure
you all realise this. Thank you.

Best Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
Fellow Chairman, B-Hebrew