b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Samuel 1:26 HaNiTSeVeT????

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Samuel 1:26 HaNiTSeVeT????
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:39:47 -0400

Hi Yitzhak,

It doesn't surprise me Chris would expect hannitsvah. Several, maybe most, grammars teach the feminine singular participles end with --ah. They are, of course, teaching "the exception" (to be more precise, let's call it "the less common form") rather than the rule. Most feminine singular participles in the Bible have the --e-et pattern.

Shalom,
Bryan