b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Back off vacation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "John B. Senterfitt" <millenia05 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Back off vacation
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:40:46 -0500

Back from vacation, only to find myself scanning through much of what was
written and in agreement with Rochelle, the boredom has set in.

If I might offer a suggestion for an interesting topic it would be centered
around the "Hebrew prepositions" and not only they but the "Greek
prepositions" as well.

It has long been my observation that they may well be the most overlooked,
half-done, ignored, obscured of any word or words in the scriptures.

At some point, in years gone by, I saw a linguist say that the "prepositions"
are likened to the road signs along our busy highways. Without them, in
strange geography, we might well be quite lost! Being on vacation in the
mountains I found theses road signs to be very much needed.

And likewise I have found much insight into the scriptures to be had from
these seemingly little words!

John B. Senterfitt