b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Interpretation of Hoshea 4:9

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Svetlana Blinova <ole20 AT rambler.ru>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Interpretation of Hoshea 4:9
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:45:36 +0400

Hi to All,

I am new to the list.

I am interested in the interpretation "between the lines" (this is not rabbinical method but similar to one) the Bible in the Hebrew language. I have found some information that seems me interesting and would like to share it with you.

So, from the text of Hoshea 4:9 in the Hebrew language I singled out a sequence of the words:

YHVH--am--Haho--chen--akedah--derekh--ayin--yamin--lailah

I interpret these words as "among the people of YHVH the adherents of Haho must have a night in the right eye".

What do you think about this interpretation? Does it make any sense? Or my imagination have upper hand?

Sincerely,
Svetlana Kravtsova
Ukraine