b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Four Beasts in Daniel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Four Beasts in Daniel
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:01:05 -0700

Dear Yitzhak,

The traditional dispensationalist interpretation of Daniel and the 4 beasts
is that they refer to Babylon, Media-Persia, Greece and Rome. This
corresponds to the same parts of the image of Daniel 2. Rome finally took
over control of Judah when Gnaeus "Magnus" Pompeii entered Jerusalem in 64
BCE at the instigation of Hyrcanus II against Aristobulus. Of course, Roman
control eventually led to Herod the Great, etc., etc., etc. This, of course,
led to the Jewish Revolt of 66-73 CE.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III