b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] b-hebrew digest--seventy weeks

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "John B. Senterfitt" <millenia05 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew digest--seventy weeks
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:51:33 -0500

Attention all

Zeroing in on Daniel 9:27 and the "half".
I know some of you reading this will not accept the NT Greek scriptures and
may not like to hear from the Septuagint, but none the less here goes.

The Septuagint points to the last half of that week and in order to define
the time for this I will have to refer to the NT. And for those of you who
chose to read further, you will learn something.

In Revelation Chapter 11:3 there are two witnesses pointed out who prophecy
for 42 months which is the last half of the week.

Now notice in verse 7 when they have finished their testimony, the beast
(Satan) that comes up out of the pit where he has been confined for the 1000
years according to Revelation 20:2 and he is not to be freed from the pit
until the 1000 years are finished. Rev 20:3

So then it is at this point that he is in a position to do the work we say in
Rev 11:7. So now this pushes the time frame for that 42 months much farther
into the future than most of you want to think.

Now I well know that this goes against all well known theology. Nonetheless
when you get tired of throwing stones at me, maybe, just maybe our Saviour
can use his Spirit to prick your spirit.
John B. Senterfitt
>From hholmyard AT ont.com Thu Sep 7 18:05:15 2006
>Zeroing in on Daniel 9:27 and the "half".
>I know some of you reading this will not accept the NT Greek scriptures and
>may not like to hear from the Septuagint, but none the less here goes.
>
>The Septuagint points to the last half of that week and in order to define
>the time for this I will have to refer to the NT. And for those of you who
>chose to read further, you will learn something.
>
>In Revelation Chapter 11:3 there are two witnesses pointed out who prophecy
>for 42 months which is the last half of the week.
>
>Now notice in verse 7 when they have finished their testimony, the beast
>(Satan) that comes up out of the pit where he has been confined for the 1000
>years according to Revelation 20:2 and he is not to be freed from the pit
>until the 1000 years are finished. Rev 20:3

HH: There is one problem with this analysis. The beast that comes up out
of the abyss is not Satan but is the antichrist (Rev 17:8). Your mistake
is understandable, since Satan is pictured as a dragon and also comes up
out of the abyss (Revelation 20).

Yours,
Harold Holmyard

  • [b-hebrew] b-hebrew digest--seventy weeks, John B. Senterfitt, 09/07/2006