b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] origin of evil

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] origin of evil
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 20:45:13 -0500

Yes, when something "bad" happens to a person, 1. it can lead them to "return" to G-d and also 2. every punishment that we get in this world, means we don't get it in the world to come. So it is actually an expression of G-d's attribute of lovingkindness.

Shoshanna

I find this interesting, God can bring calamity as an expression of justice when his righteousness demands it and he is not doing evil. Quite the opposite, an execution of judgement on the oppressor is an expression of love to those oppessed. Also does not God's holiness mean he is removed from corruption and badness?

  • [b-hebrew] origin of evil, Shoshanna Walker, 09/06/2006