b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest-angels

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "John B. Senterfitt" <millenia05 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest-angels
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 13:04:48 -0500

Shoshanna

Wrote as follows and I thought it interesting to see where the term "angel"
might be used without a real direct, close connection to the Lord or God.

Harold I am getting tired of all this - and it's only Monday.

It doesn't matter (to me) that the first Christians were Jews if they
either misunderstood Torah, or didn't learn it, or started making up
their own beliefs, nor if you quote sources that are not Torah.

There is not one example in the Jewish scriptures where any angel,
Satan included, opposes God's will, nor of a fiction named Mastema,
who allegedly induced God to test Abraham through the sacrifice of
Isaac.

You are right that his job is that of tempter - he tempts mankind
away from obedience to G-d, so that when they choose G-d over Satan,
they are thereby elevated - and that he was the one who tempted Chava.

But some day we will all be on an elevated spiritual level, and his
job will be over.

If you are interested in a Jewish perspective, see
http://www.outreachjudaism.org/satan.html

Shoshanna

KJV Exodus 33:2 And I will send an angel before thee; and I will drive out
the Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, the Hivite,
and the Jebusite:

KJV Exodus 23:20 Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the
way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

KJV Exodus 23:23 For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto
the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the
Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off.

KJV Exodus 32:34 Therefore now go, lead the people unto the place of which I
have spoken unto thee: behold, mine Angel shall go before thee: nevertheless
in the day when I visit I will visit their sin upon them.

KJV Exodus 33:2 And I will send an angel before thee; and I will drive out
the Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, the Hivite,
and the Jebusite:

Notice that these quotes are from the Torah.

And the question is, if an Angel could have this kind of authority then if
Daniel's writings did come through the work of an angel, why should Daniel'
writings not be on a par with Prophecy?

And I am not trying to give you a hard time. I just like to see those of good
staunch Judaism start to question and then we all learn. After all some of
the most devout followers of Messiah are of Jewish decent.

John B. Senterfitt