b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] noun sentence vs. qatal of HYH

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.apu.ac.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] noun sentence vs. qatal of HYH
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:04:52 +0100

HH: Here are the verses with the phrase RWX )LHYM elsewhere in the
Bible, all pointing to God's Spirit or a spirit from God.

Gen. 41:38 So Pharaoh asked them, “Can we find anyone like this man, one
in whom is the spirit of God?”
Ex. 31:3 and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill,
ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts —
Ex. 35:31 and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill,
ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts —
Num. 24:2 When Balaam looked out and saw Israel encamped tribe by tribe,
the Spirit of God came upon him
1Sam. 10:10 When they arrived at Gibeah, a procession of prophets met
him; the Spirit of God came upon him in power, and he joined in their
prophesying.
1Sam. 11:6 When Saul heard their words, the Spirit of God came upon him
in power, and he burned with anger.
1Sam. 16:15 Saul’s attendants said to him, “See, an evil spirit from God
is tormenting you.
1Sam. 16:16 Let our lord command his servants here to search for someone
who can play the harp. He will play when the evil spirit from God comes
upon you, and you will feel better.”
1Sam. 16:23 Whenever the spirit from God came upon Saul, David would
take his harp and play. Then relief would come to Saul; he would feel
better, and the evil spirit would leave him.
1Sam. 18:10 The next day an evil spirit from God came forcefully upon
Saul. He was prophesying in his house, while David was playing the harp,
as he usually did. Saul had a spear in his hand
1Sam. 19:20 so he sent men to capture him. But when they saw a group of
prophets prophesying, with Samuel standing there as their leader, the
Spirit of God came upon Saul’s men and they also prophesied.
1Sam. 19:23 So Saul went to Naioth at Ramah. But the Spirit of God came
even upon him, and he walked along prophesying until he came to Naioth.
Ezek. 11:24 The Spirit lifted me up and brought me to the exiles in
Babylonia in the vision given by the Spirit of God. Then the vision I
had seen went up from me,
2Chr. 15:1 The Spirit of God came upon Azariah son of Oded.
2Chr. 24:20 Then the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah son of Jehoiada