b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah and Deuteronomy

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah and Deuteronomy
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 18:18:09 -0500

Dear Paul,

My dissertation is one place to look. Unfortunately, I only provided a hand-done Scripture index for the seminary library, and it did not get into the microfilm version done by the UMI Dissertation Information Service. The name of the dissertation was "Mosaic Eschatology in Isaiah, Especially Chapters 1, 28-33." There are several allusions that I missed, and I did not try to be exhaustive. You could run checks for dissertations on your topic of interest, check library catalogues, and journal catalogues. Use key words and the subject search capabilities of the computer programs that archive information.

My dissertation contains some arguments aiming to show that Herman's proposal is invalid.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard

There are a few things you must decide for yourself first, in order to be
able to answer the question:
-Is Deuteronomy, as a text, really older, not perhaps younger, than Isaiah?
-What about the Deutero- and Trito-Isaiah theories? "Trito-Isaiah", at
least, would most certainly be younger than Deuteronomy.
In which case supposed allusions/quotes might be in the opposite direction.
regards,
Herman
Rotterdam