b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] to d pickrel.... deleting

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] to d pickrel.... deleting
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 06:14:03 +0200

Dear J. Anna,

You make it sound as if the "web-sites and references to 14 daughters" are on par with the biblical text. They are not. The biblical text is our only primary source. The rest is various attempts to understand the text, all of which depend on the interpreters' own assumptions and prejudices (such as my assumption that it would be unlikely that Jacob had only one daughter, and Sujata's experience of families of multiple same-sex children). We must not confuse the two.

Yigal

d pickrel.....Couldn't this just mean she would have this son in addition
to the others borne to her?
.... J anna ... certainly. IF we wish to delete any and all of the
web-sites and references to 14 daughters. If you contact me off-list, i'll
supply them. About seven or so. .... _c60605 AT aol.com_ (mailto:c60605 AT aol.com)
... in addition to the citations kindly provided by shoshanna

---