b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 21:10, 13 blessing?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "M bauer" <tnaswg AT yahoo.com>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1 Kings 21:10, 13 blessing?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:03:39 -0500

M Bauer:

The New English Bible has, shall we generously call
them, creative translations such that I know of no
one who seriously considers it a guide for
understanding Hebrew.

As for the daughter, all she asked for was a pool
of water (BRKH which I list as "pool, often
artificial made by bringing water to a hollowed out
spot" where I do not list it as being from the same
root as "to kneel" nor do I see how they could be
connected) whereupon her father gave her two places
with surface water.

Karl W. Randolph.