b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Kittel - questionable ties

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "YODAN" <yodan AT yodanco.com>
  • To: "'Joseph I. Lauer'" <josephlauer AT hotmail.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: 'Gene Gardner' <g_gardner1234 AT yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Kittel - questionable ties
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:41:33 -0800

Which Kittel?

My quick internet search shows that Gerhard Kittel (the one about whom
information shows he was a Nazi) was the son of Rudolf Kittel, the author of
the BHK, the predecessor of BHS.

I'm not sure if the above information is correct, but there appear to be at
least two people (related or not) with the last name of Kittel who were
Biblical scholars, but it is Rudolf (about whom I didn't see Nazi
connections - but I didn't look into this extensively) who is probably of
interest to a group focused on Biblical Hebrew.

Rivka

Yodan Publishing

P.O. Box 60655

Palo Alto, CA 94306-0655