b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Digital Judaica opportunity until midnight

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: sabbatical_rest AT comcast.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Digital Judaica opportunity until midnight
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 01:24:37 +0000

re: until midnight tonight/Wednesday; here's a discount code for eBook
orders at Varda Books
I'm submitting this FYI at my husband's suggestion. He's the Hebrew scholar
in the family and the list member. Not me. So I hope I'm doing this right and
my apologies if not.
We just learned that until midnight tonight (Wed. Nov. 30), Varda Books is
having a sale on all of their 150+ (??) eBook titles. Various Hebrew
language books, Jewish history, culture, reference works are at the
www.eBookShuk.com website and the check-out passcode GRAMCORD18 gets everyone
who uses it a 50% discount until midnight. (I got my husband a Brown & Briggs
Hebrew lexicon for even less, $20, using an additional code, BDBGC. But I
think all other Acrobat PDF file eBooks on the site are exactly 50% with that
discount code.) Most of the products there are offered at two or three levels
of features such that one can for example also save money by getting
read-only access without printing being available. But if you want printing
of the eBook and all other features, you pay for a higher level license.
I'm not giving out any private discount codes here because these were handed
out on literature from the Grammcord Institute exhibit at the recent American
Academy of Religion conference. I checked before ordering (we saw a demo at
the Institute offices today) and they said that we did not have to prove
attendance at the conference to get the big discount. It was some sort of
introductory special but even then half of the purchase price is donated to
the Institute's Hurricane Katrina recovery fund that helps rabbis,
professors, and students to replace their water-damaged books with software
equivalents.
I'm probably telling more than is really necessary but all you really need to
know is www.eBookShuk.com for detailed descriptions of each eBook and and
then GRAMCORD18 for the check-out code that gets you the big discount (except
the BDBGC needed for the lexicon). (Grammcord does not have any of this on
their website because they said that it is such a brief cooperative sale
with Varda and they were occupied with other website projects needed for the
holiday gift-giving season.)
Come to think about it I'm not exactly sure what time zone the midnight
tonight deadline would be. So those interested in the special offer should
probably not wait until late evening. We just wanted to help others get the
same good deal.
Sarah Levi
>From tnaswg AT yahoo.com Wed Nov 30 20:45:57 2005

h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;

b=EEQUjxYZznD/jJLQg0HPFXZDL3C8ZoBmLpaKfNpr20Ci3vgsBgNETpOIujWD5p64IHdPm6OUAA8khACJjWRq+XwzFYD7R1cCAPkpzKVvYsw8z7JYujlphHFGzhaUY9i2k/3RXguaKdfsenbsysOHI7GIpOSvEEP16ioERyYGQhk=
;