b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew grammar, (was Zech 6:8)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Herman Meester <crazymulgogi AT gmail.com>
  • To: Martin Shields <enkidu AT bigpond.net.au>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew grammar, (was Zech 6:8)
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:43:37 +0100

Hi Martin,
You are right of course. Shakespeare syntax is known a thousand times better.
This is not really a discussion I feel I have much to say in, in fact,
but for fun try take a look at the syntax of the fake-biblical Hebrew
text Sefer ha-Yashar. It all looks like biblical Hebrew, but for some
reason it just isn't. The only reason it isn't is its syntax.
regards,
Herman