b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Lev 21:18 - Passive Participle

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Lev 21:18 - Passive Participle
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 06:55:41 -0500

Peter:

When looking at Gesenius and his followers such as BDB
et al, they take Leviticus 21:18 as being from a different
root than all the other uses of XRM (other than as a fish
net). What you are suggesting, if I read you correctly, is
that the division should be made along different lines.
You, too, disagree with BDB on this.

At the very least, if there are two roots, they are not
according to the categories found in Arabic.

Karl W. Randolph.