b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] phonetic writing, was Initial "Beged Kefet" consonants always have a...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kevin Riley" <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] phonetic writing, was Initial "Beged Kefet" consonants always have a...
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:21:23 +1000 (AUS Eastern Standard Time)

Karl, have you actually read the evidence put forward by Allen or Caragounis
to name just two respected writers? Much of the evidence comes from Athens
Corinth, etc - hardly towns foreign to Greeks. The more I discuss this
with you, the more I become convinced you haven't read much at all on the
history of writing or the changes to Greek or Hebrew. I know you dismiss
all of it as rubbish, but you don't even seem to know what it says. Either
you mean something different by diphthongs and 'full glottal stops', or else
you reveal again you haven't read the writings on this subject you want to
convince us that you have better answers for than the 'experts'. While
re-checking data was fun, this conversation isn't, so I will do as you
suggested earlier and agree to disagree.

Kevin Riley