b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] TDNT and Biblecentre and copyrighted materials

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: b-greek AT lists.ibiblio.org, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] TDNT and Biblecentre and copyrighted materials
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:45:02 -0400

I received this email and pass it along as a matter of ethics

<<<< begin quote

I have been in contact with several people who are part of the B-Greek discussions on the web. Baker Book House along with other publishers (Zondervan, Eerdmans, Thomas Nelson, Moody, IVP, and others.) through our organization ECPA are aware of the copyright protected material appearing on www.biblecentre.net. We attempted working with Mr. Andrew Amue of London, England, to take our material off his website. At one point we hired a legal firm in London. Mr. Amue then pulled some of the material off his site. We noticed earlier this spring that all the material was again illegally posted on www.biblecentre.net in addition to new material. Our intention is that our copyright protected material be removed from www.biblecentre.net, and we will work to that end.

This email is to notify you that the majority of material from US publishers posted on www.biblecentre.net is in fact posted without our authorization and is considered infringement against our authors’ copyright protected materials.

We greatly appreciate your efforts on the behalf of our authors and our publishing companies.

Marilyn Gordon

Subsidiary Rights Manager

Baker Publishing Group / Baker Academic * Baker Books * Bethany House Publishers * Brazos Press * Chosen Books * Fleming H. Revell

6030 East Fulton Street

Ada, MI 49301

<<<< end quote
--