b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Request for suggestions for the Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex Tanach.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Christopher V. Kimball" <mail AT cvkimball.com>, b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Request for suggestions for the Unicode/XML Westminster Leningrad Codex Tanach.
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:27:02 -0500

Christopher:

If it is not _used_ by any browser, why include it? It
becomes a bunch of extra noise that not all browsers
successfully filter out. Either delete it, or put it into
a comments section or separate file.

I just checked a couple of other browsers: Konquerer
apparently does not do XML, Epiphany does not render
Hebrew well, and I tried Firefox on a borrowed Windows
machine running W2K and it messed up the Hebrew as
well, almost in exactly the same way as did
Epiphany. The browser that renders Hebrew better than
all the others on other sites can't render your site,
namely Safari.

What other experiences have others had?

Karl W. Randolph.