b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ancient Biblical Writings - Original Hebrew Language

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: chioma yisrael <chiomayisrael AT yahoo.com>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ancient Biblical Writings - Original Hebrew Language
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:34:06 -0400

Get Ada Yardeni's book, The Book of Hebrew Script. Nothing finer than it for exactly the questions you ask. And it corrects your misapprehensions.

Best,

Jim

chioma yisrael wrote:
I am studying the ancient biblical alphabet in a
Biblical Studies course and would like to know what
evidence points to the original Hebrew language. In
the documents circulated of the Dead Sea Scrolls there
are several forms shown. Most of the alphabets I have
seen have the aleph beginning with what appears to be
the letter n; from my understanding, in the original
Hebrew language the aleph begins with what appears to
be shaped like an F.
--
Jim West, ThD