b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] masora; pisqaot

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bearpecs AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] masora; pisqaot
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:20:21 EDT

1. Can someone refer me to an email list either for Masoretic Studies or
for Textual Criticism?

2. According to William R. Scott's _A Simplified Guide to BHS_ (p. 1) with
regard to open and closed paragraphs (petuxot and setumot): "Over the years,
increasing inconsistency developed concerning this difference in format, and
it was largely ignored by the time of Codex Leningradensis, which does not
mark the paragraphs with [pe] or [samekh]. These marks are added by the
editors of BHS."
a. What source did the BHS use for the paragraphs?
b. I have not seen any masoretic note "pisqa be`emtsa pasuq" in BHS
(although I only looked in a couple of places where I would expect it). Is
that
because Codex Leningradensis had no masoretic tradition of this
characteristic?
or did BHS ignore it? Why would L not have it at all when other manuscripts
did?

Thanks for any references or clarification.

Hayyim Obadyah
, MPA
New York, New York 10027