b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] oops...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Schmuel <schmuel AT nyc.rr.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] oops...
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:36:43 -0400

Hi b-Hebrew,

Oops.. I sent a post here that was meant to go to Theology List (where it
is likely censored :-)
The section on Jeremiah 8:8 might make a good thread here, however, we
discussed it some
a year or two ago, and I did additional research on the Hebraic viewpoint of
the verse afterwards.

Shalom,
Steven Avery
Queens, NY

Hi Harold,

>Dear Steven,
>Thanks for the post, and I really don't think it needed to be censored.
>We're not children.

I agree. In fact, I will send this post in to the forum (with my and your
intervening post superceded), and see if they will allow the thread to be
picked up. And try to snip some parts that were not really helpful or
edifying. I don't think they understand that I consider you an excellent
poster on many issues (like the Creation controversy) and a good thinker and
scholar -- lots of respect there... just that in my understanding you get out
of the wrong side of the bed when it comes to the Bible text :-) This makes
you somewhat of a reluctant apologist for the modern versions, through the
back door of defending modern scientific textcrit, but not the resultant
Bible versions.

  • [b-hebrew] oops..., Schmuel, 08/10/2005