b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] married to Asherah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Robert Heard <Christopher.Heard AT pepperdine.edu>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] married to Asherah
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:05:51 -0700 (PDT)

If we're listing bibliography, it might be good to add now Mark Smith's
latest, The Memoirs of God (Fortress [?], 2004) and David Penchansky,
Twilight of the Gods (WJK, 2005). Smith's is up to his usual par. I've
just started reading Penchansky, and found a couple of quibbles in the
intro.

Jucci wrote:

>Mark S. Smith, Early History of God: Yahweh and the Other Deities in
>Ancient Israel (Second Edition and New Introduction), Preface to the
>Second Edition
>http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/early_history1.htm
>http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/early_history2.htm
>http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/early_history3.htm
>
>Jacques Berlinerblau, Official Religion and Popular Religion in
>Pre-Exilic Ancient Israel
>http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/berlinerblau1.htm
>
>Mark S. Smith, The Origins of Biblical Monotheism: Israel's
Polytheistic

--
R. Christopher Heard
Assistant Professor of Religion

  • Re: [b-hebrew] married to Asherah, Robert Heard, 08/08/2005