b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Gezer Calendar reference

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Gezer Calendar reference
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:12:30 -0500

I can't recommend this site for the Gezer Calendar.

First, the picture is too small to see clearly.

Line 3 (4 in translation) lacks the reference to flax.

Pruning (or culling) is translated as "grape harvesting".

Some of the other translations I find questionable.

Yes, I can read this font as easily, if not easier, than a
modern font.

Karl W. Randolph.