b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Second Temple Languages

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dray Luzon <dray.luzon AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Second Temple Languages
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:07:50 -0700

Good Evening,

I've been following some threads and googling for resources regarding
the spoken and or written languages around the second temple period.
>From my understanding there is evidence for at least four languages
(Greek, Latin, Aramaic, Hebrew) in use around Palestine. I would like
to pursue this further, but have not been able to locate additional
resources. Specifically, I am looking for resources that outline how
dominant Hebrew may or may not have been in various regions. Any
recommendations the list can make would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dray Luzon

  • [b-hebrew] Second Temple Languages, Dray Luzon, 07/24/2005